February 2007 Monthly Newsletter

To the Bible Quizzing Family,

Thank you all for another great day of quizzing. I found myself just a bit “off”, probably because of some last-minute scrambling to get a quiz box repaired. There were several people who had very encouraging comments to make about the program, and I’m just grateful and humbled to be involved in something that is so special to so many and which God appears to be blessing. I found it particularly encouraging to see different quizzers and teams rising in the standings this month.

At the March Coaches Meeting, I would like to spend some time discussing ideas and suggestions for improvements we might need to make to the quizzing program. Please try to give this some thought ahead of time so this can be a fruitful discussion.

The Chicago Tournament is coming up soon, March 30 - April 1. We still have room for quizzers to go who have not signed up yet, so contact me right away if you’re interested in doing that. For all who are going, we will meet during the March quiz to finalize all arrangements.

A reminder about the Verse-A-Thon. I’d like to encourage all quizzers to participate. You can use the money you earn towards your Chicago Tournament expenses, and the remainder would benefit the quizzing program. You can turn in the money you raise at any time, but in order to have it go towards your expenses for the Chicago Tournament, you need to turn it in by the time we leave for the tournament.

Our last quiz will be March 10, at 1:00 pm at Emmanuel Baptist Church. Points earned this month will be doubled when accumulated for the year. The Little League will be quizzing over Acts chapter 10, and the A/B League over Acts 17:16 - 20:38.

Following the regular quizzing rounds, we will have a final quiz to wrap up the year, just for the fun of it, with our top quizzers participating. Following this, we will close with a Pizza Party at the church, for all who would like to attend. Besides the pizza, it'll be a fun way to celebrate the completion of the quizzing year together. The cost will be $3.50-4.00 per person. When we start the day, we'll need a count of everyone planning to stay, so please make sure that everyone you represent is accounted for. There will be a sign-up sheet on the information table.

Besides the Pizza Party, I’d like to think of the March quiz as a kind of “open house” to encourage potential new quizzers and families to see what quizzing is like. Please encourage people you know to feel free to drop in throughout the afternoon, and perhaps especially for the closing quiz and for pizza. And if you know of visitors who would be staying for pizza, please include them in your count and let them know that pizza is on us that evening. When we think of adding new quizzers and teams next year, everyone is welcome, but I’m especially interested in growing the Little League.

Let's make this last day of quizzing a great day for everyone!

Karl Kirkman
Bible Quizzing Director

February Little League Team and Individual Standings
February A/B League Team and Individual Standings