December 2006 Monthly Newsletter

To the Bible Quizzing Family,

Thanks to all of you for stepping in and covering for Martha and I this past weekend. From what I could tell, it seemed like everyone was having a good day of quizzing. Thanks for all your prayers for Martha. She is home and doing well, back to work, back to a pretty normal routine, though just a bit weakened yet. The whole experience continues to amaze me, and I’m not sure I’ve grasped it all yet. Regardless of all of that, we know God is good, and he works good out of bad situations; better than they would have been otherwise. We know this by faith, but right now I would say that we don’t know specifically what he is working out through this one. Maybe someday we’ll know, or maybe we’ll only know from the perspective of eternity. Regardless, we know that God is good and we can trust him no matter how circumstances turn out.

I mentioned our financial needs at the December quiz meet, and several of you responded with some substantial donations. Thank you so very much. It always amazes me and humbles me to see how much this program means to so many people, such that donations come so readily when needed. We should now have enough to pay the insurance bill when it comes, but we’ve got quite a ways to go to see us through the end of the quiz year. Thanks again for whatever you can do to help.

The Crown College tournament is January 12-13. Those quizzers and adults who are going to the tournament will need to meet together at the January quiz to make final arrangements. You will all need to pay the balance of your cost and to have signed and completed waivers returned at that time. Contact me if you need a waiver form and would not be able to fill one out and get the necessary signatures at the January quiz.

For those going to the Crown Tournament, here is the list of verses for Finish/Quote questions. I will have some sample questions available for you at our January quiz.

Acts 1: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14
Acts 2: 5-6, 17, 19-20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 32, 33, 36, 38, 42
Acts 3: 6, 15, 16, 19, 21, 23
Acts 4: 12, 19, 32, 33
Acts 5: 16, 20, 29, 39, 42
Acts 6: 2, 3-4, 15
Acts 7: 56, 59-60
Acts 8: 4, 32, 39
Acts 9: 17, 22, 40
Acts 10: 15, 28, 34, 35, 36, 41, 43, 45, 47
Acts 11: 15-16, 17, 18, 25-26
Acts 12: 7, 23, 24

At this point we’re already half-way through the quizzing season and half-way through the material. So keep up the good work! It is always tough to study over the Christmas holidays, and the January quiz sneaks up on us before we’re aware of it, so do your best to stay on top of it.

Our next quiz is coming up January 6, at 1:00 pm at Emmanuel Baptist Church. The A/B League will be quizzing over Acts chapters 11-13, and the Little League over Acts 6:1-15 and 8:1-25. Points earned at the quiz will be multiplied by 160% when accumulated for the year.

Have a blessed Christmas season, and I'll see you at the January quiz!

Karl Kirkman
Bible Quizzing Director

December Little League Team and Individual Standings
December A/B League Team and Individual Standings